We’re looking for Bio-technicians to join our insect farming team. Expressions of interest are open for upcoming roles in Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne, Toowoomba, and Albury.
You will be part of a purpose-driven and values-based company working at the leading edge of innovation in sustainable farming. You will join a multidisciplinary team applying expertise in agriculture, biology, software, electronics, and engineering to provide infrastructure solutions to solve the problems of food waste and climate change.
If you are looking for a rewarding and meaningful role in a company that is delivering a real impact on the world this could be the opportunity for you.
About the role
The Bio-technician is responsible for:
- animal husbandry activities to maintain commercial insect colonies
- managing the production of insects to meet output and growth targets
- processing production outputs including insect protein and frass
- maintaining farming facilities and equipment to ensure a healthy growing environment
- collecting and managing production data for quality assurance
- contributing to the improvement of insect farming processes
- supporting biological research projects exploring commercial application of insects for waste management.
Some weekend work and reasonable additional hours are required.
Skills and experience
Successful candidates will be passionate about Goterra’s mission, enthusiastic about a career in insect farming and should have:
- strong analytical and problem solving skills
- excellent interpersonal skills
- a learning mindset and positive attitude
- a flexible and adaptable nature
- a high level of initiative and teamwork
- great attention to detail and pride in their work
- be willing and able to undertake a physical role.
We prefer candidates with a background in agriculture or applied biology.
Goterra is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team and encourages women, minorities, and veterans to apply.
You must have unrestricted rights to live and work in Australia and reliable transport to apply for this job.
Please provide a PDF copy of your CV and a one-page expression of interest outlining why you are interested in this role. This is an ongoing open round and applications will be processed on submission.
For more information contact Laura Stuart, Head of People at Goterra on firstname.lastname@example.org