We are a Canberra based waste management company looking for an experienced sales executive to join our growing team. Reporting to the Head of Growth, you will be responsible for driving new business growth, along with maintaining Goterra’s current customers and stakeholders.
Goterra is an exciting scale-up that is changing the way organic waste is managed. We have designed and built modular robotic infrastructure that uses insects to convert food waste into insect protein. We are building our business to deliver our innovative waste systems to markets on a global scale.
We’re experiencing an immense period of growth, as the direct result of increased efficiency and productivity. To continue on this trajectory, we’re searching for a highly qualified sales executive to focus on new business opportunities and work towards a sustainable future.
This role would be ideal for someone who has had previous sales and business development experience.
What you’ll do
As the first sales executive at Goterra, you’ll be responsible for guiding our sales strategy and roadmap for success. You will:
– Define our sales process
– Find and engage new clients, both large and small
– Deliver appropriate solutions to boost top-line revenue growth, customer acquisition levels and profitability.
– Work with the Head of Growth to determine our delivery experience
– Work with the Head of Growth to create our customer service plan
– Enjoy the greenfield opportunity to create new service offerings that will delight our clients.
– Lead the transition of the commercial organic waste market so that segregation is not the exception but the norm.
Who you are
– Proven, creative sales executive with B2B new business development experience
– Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales
– Passionate about Goterra’s mission
– The ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously, effectively prioritise tasks and meet deadlines while driving results
– Direct and candid. You say it like it is
– A track record for maintaining and developing relationships with high level stakeholders
– Ideally competent in G-Suite and CRM (Hubspot)
– Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills in order to clarify, resolve issues, and make decisions
– Excellent selling and negotiation skills
What you’ll love about being at Goterra
– A role where you can build your expertise across a variety of sales and business development projects.
– Being part of a multidisciplinary team that draws upon expertise in software, electronics, industrial machinery, manufacturing, agriculture and biology.
– A high level of autonomy and accountability
– Working with people who believe in what they’re doing and are aligned in mission and purpose.
– The chance to make a real impact, stopping one of the leading causes of climate change, every day. Literally, we’re doing it right now, as you read this.
– Free parking. If we’re going to save the world with maggot robots, this is the least we can do.
Goterra is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team and encourages women, minorities, and veterans to apply.
Learn more about our company and culture.
You must have permanent working rights to apply for this job.
A competitive salary package, including incentives and allowances, will be negotiable and commensurate with skill level and experience.
Please send your CV and cover letter in PDF format.
For more information contact Bob Gordon, Head of Growth at Goterra on firstname.lastname@example.org